Philharmonic House

Home of the Philharmonic Orchestra

Date

2013

Location

Tel Aviv

Architect

Kolker Kolker Epstein

Photo

Suzy Levinson
Uri Heuberger

Share Project

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on google
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp

Israel's main Culture Centre

In the heart of the white city of Tel Aviv , it was built during the 1950’s, shortly after the establishment of the state of Israel, by renowned architects Dov Karmi and Zeev Rechter.
Through typical Bauhaus architecture style, the complex was completely restored in 2013, observing very strict conservation regulations.
The building consists of two main performance areas: The main auditorium for larger Philharmonic concerts and the smaller ‘Zucker Hall’, with it’s own, separate foyer, dedicated mainly to chamber orchestras.
The ceiling in the main auditorium consists of 24 pyramidal shapes made of stainless steel nets, which are lit up directly. These function as “chandeliers” for the house lighting system.

The Foyer areas retained the original lighting fixtures, which were restored to their original design of the 50’s, but were upgraded with the latest LED energy efficient lighting systems. In the ‘Zucker Hall’, The lighting design follows the same style and principles of the main foyer, but the fixtures are laid out in circular patterns, rather than square.
read more

The Main Foyer

Auditorium

Auditorium_v3

Other Projects

Occasionally, we publish new projects and interesting blog articles about Lighting Design.

Fill out the form below to receive the Noa Lev Newsletter.